Grand Rapids Photographer // Bring on 2014!
Another year has gone by and another one opens today! With photographing SO many wonderful people and making lots of new friends in 2013, I can’t wait to see where 2014 takes me.
One trend I have noticed as the years pass on by…is that progress happens. This is a great thing! So many things have changed for the good and so much progress has been made, but I can’t really tell you how much. This is where setting goals comes in. I always have a list of goals in my head, but never have really written them down. So…2014 is the year! And I am going to share these goals with you, may they be big or small. I’m sure this list will be ever-evolving, but at least it’s a good start. In 365 days, I should be able to come back to this post and see exactly what I accomplished and what needs more improvement….with all of YOU watching and keeping me accountable (GULP….)! So here it goes…
– Travel to:
Alaska, Washington, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and the Florida Panhandle
– Be on Page #1 when doing a Google search for “grand rapids wedding photographer”
– Finish painting my kitchen
– Give, A LOT!
Potty train Addison!
– Have my work featured on Style Me Pretty
Throw Addison a 3 1/2 carnival birthday party
– Complete my office renovation
Expand Hetler Photography (kinda vague, but have big plans in store!)
Photograph a first breath
– Enter ArtPrize (yes, I know….crazy)
Vacation with my BFF
– Start learning calligraphy
– Use my new Kitchen Aid mixer at least twice a month (seems silly, but I really want to use this awesome piece of equipment!)
– Lose 20 lbs (or more, but this is a good start)
Enroll Addison in gymnastics
– Start offering photobooth services (yay!)
Become more involved in our church (somehow…not sure quite what yet..)
Have a huge garden and can a lot of food for the winter!
Don’t get sunburn!
– Start a new blog series (Pay It Forward) and blog at least six this times year.
– Organize my house!
See my work featured in print!
– Photograph a wedding in another country
– Photograph someone famous
Have one more baby!
– Travel to all of the 50 states I haven’t seen yet:
– Build our dream house
– Teach photography workshops
– See the Grand Canyon
– Attend an amazing workshop in NYC
– Have my work featured in Martha Stewart Weddings
– Win a photography contest
– Complete re-model of our kitchen
– Enjoy the view on top of the Eiffel Tower
– Zip line somewhere cool
– Vacation in one of those gorgeous Tiki huts over the water
– DO NOT GET POISON IVY EVER AGAIN!
– Own a studio….a very fun, unique studio
– Visit Niesha again!
– Have the nerves to take a hot air balloon ride